Greetings Traverse Area Community Sailing Parents!
We’re changing direction in order to get the most out of the wind!
Yesterday, Michigan’s Governor announced that outdoor exercise facilities and day camps could legally reopen in time for our first sailing session to begin! Therefore, we are moving ahead with our regularly scheduled programs!
When it comes to safety, our priorities still have not changed. Activity at the Cornwell Sailing Center will still be a lot of fun for the kids but things will look a little different than past seasons. Sailing Center Director Ben Ferris has implemented a site plan that will keep kids and instructors safe:
- Smaller class size
- Each class will have its own learning area / check in and out / and staging area.
- Protocol for daily recording and monitoring of the health status of all participants and all staff.
- Sanitation of all boats between use of each sailor.
- Multiple handwashing/hand sanitizing stations throughout the grounds of the Cornwell Sailing Center.
- Use of personal protective equipment by attendees and instructors as deemed by situation.
- Schedule of increased facility cleaning/sanitizing.
- Non public restrooms available for this season.
If your child is enrolled in any of our sessions, you will still have all the options as before depending on your comfort level (attend, transfer to another session/next year or refund/donation).
Here at TACS, we are very excited about this news and our instructors and staff are getting things underway right now. If you have any questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your inquiry as quickly as possible.
For The Kids,
2020 – 2021 President
Dick & Marla Lavanture
We are located in Traverse City, Michigan. We are a local non-profit organization, established in 1994, Traverse Area Community Sailing's mission is to provide affordable sailing opportunities to residents and visitors of the Grand Traverse Region.
Traverse Area Community Sailing is looking forward to seeing you and your family on Boardman Lake this year!